Career EdVantage gives high school students the chance to learn about a variety of high-demand career fields, the opportunity to gain experience in these fields, and the ability to develop the necessary education and skills for the career they choose.
CEV is designed to enable students to establish a solid foundation and continue to build on it – through high school and beyond. So, young people are ready for successful careers with area businesses that want to keep homegrown talent close to home in Southwest Iowa communities.
During high school, CEV students:
- Take the CEV Scholars class
- Explore career options and your own strengths
- Create a written plan for your future
- Become a stronger student and employee
- Participate in CEV's internship program
- Find part-time work
- Work with your CEV Career Coach to solve problems
- Take career classes at IWCC or in your high school
- Apply for the CEV SWI Career Scholarship
- Apply for financial aid (FAFSA)
- Complete IWCC Scholarship Application
- Graduate from high school
Interested students should contact the CEV High School Career Coach at their school.
The link for the CEV application for 2022-2023 is here: 2022-2023 CEV application
If needed, the link for the CEV financial information form for 2022-2023 is here: 2022-2023 CEV Financial Form